Festivals and Pilgrimages
- All Saints Festival (Feira dos Santos) – specialized in nuts and dried fruits – 1st of November
- Nossa Senhora da Assunção Festival (Feira de Nossa Senhora da Assunção) – Main Festival in Alvito honoring its patron saints. It takes place every year in the last weekend of August.
- Procession of our Lord (Procissão do Senhor Morto) – It is one of the most solemn processions in Alvito. Every Good Friday.
- Procissão do Senhor Jesus dos Passos (Procession of Senhor Jesus dos Passos) – Every year on the 4th Sunday of lent.
- Baron Festival (Festa do Barão) – Historical recreation of the times of the Barons of Alvito
Vila Nova da Baronia
- Vila Nova Festival (Feira de Vila Nova) –It joins all the people from Vilanova in a festival with several cultural events. It takes place yearly, every 3rd Sunday in July.
- Pilgrimage of Santa Águeda (Romaria de Santa Águeda) – It takes place yearly on Low Sunday.
- Santa Maria Festival (Festa de Santa Maria) – It takes place yearly on the 15th of August (National Hollyday) honoring the old patron of the Main Church of Alvito
- Pilgrimage of Nossa senhora D’Aires (Romaria de Nossa Senhora D’Aires) – It takes place every year on the 4th weekend of September.
- Pilgrimage on Horse (Romaria a Cavalo) – it takes place on the 4th weekend of April. It is the recovery of an old tradition where peasants and farmers used to go with their animals to the shrine of Our Lady of Aires to ask for protection for their cattle and crops. Today this Pilgrimage on Horse goes from the Church of Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem, in Moita do Ribatejo to the shrine of Nossa Senhora D’Aires in Viana do Alentejo. Pilgrims cover a total of 120 Km through the old Spaniards road (Canada Real, Estrada dos Espanhois) with an image of the Virgin Mary.